Biofilm development and control
· Spore development and control
· Flow cytometry
· Histamine food poisoning
· Mycotoxins in seafood products
· Made in transit foods
· Bacterial acid tolerance
· Hurdle technology for spreads
· Cold tolerant clostridia in meat
· Food safety in the home
· Third party accreditation and food safety
· Trust and food safety
Veterinary pharmaceutical research, working for Coopers Animal Health.
· Senior Research Technologist with the New Zealand Dairy Research Institute and Fonterra, specialising in dairy microbiology.
Area of expertise
Food Microbiology, Dairy Technology, Rapid Microbiological Methods,Biofilms, Molecular Techniques for Food Analysis, Bacterial Spores, Thermophilic Bacteria, Foodborne Pathogens (especially Listeria), food processing, solving microbiological problems in food manufacturing plants, cleaning systems for food manufacture, traceback analysis for pathogen contamination.