In Latin America, 51 995 emergencies and 337 deaths are caused by snakebites yearly. Prompt and adequate treatment is crucial after an envenomation. We here report the case of a 40-year-old male agriculturalist, who was bitten by a venomous snake. Hours after the bite, he was admitted at the nearest clinic, diagnosed with type IV envenomation. After initial antivenom treatment he was transported to an urban hospital. Hemorrhage persisted and the patient developed compartmental syndrome and renal failure. The patient died 3 days after the accident. To reduce fatalities from snakebite envenomation, such as the case we here presented, there is a need for coordinated and multilevel approach, collaborative work and continual medical training.