perez, Why the genomic LOCATION of individual SNPs is FUNCTIONAL?(2017)SDRP Journal of Cellular and Molecular Physiology 2(1)
SDRP Journal of Cellular and Molecular Physiology
Impact Factor: 0.484
VOLUME: 2 ISSUE: 1
Background: Every human individual is differentiated from all other humans by the few million SNPs. We are interested in the immediate neighborhood of each SNP. Would the SNP point have particular properties with respect to the surrounding nucleotides at short or medium distance?
Methods: The regions encompassing each SNP are analyzed by the biomathematical method of the "Master Code of DNA" published elsewhere. In particular, we will use a progressive approach of dichotomy type.
Results: There are then two types of remarkable results. Evidence of fractal properties such as self-similarity and scale invariance. On the other hand, the position of each SNP seems to play a functional role of the "active site" type as it is found in genes and proteins.
Conclusions: Each SNP would be more important by its precise location in the genome than by the value of its local mutation T / C or A / G for example. Consequently, SNPs would play a major functional role.
- Baltimore D. et al, (2015) A prudent path forward for genomic engineering and germline gene modification Science. 2015 Apr 3; 348(6230): 36?38. Published online 2015 Mar 19. doi: 10.1126/science.aab1028 https://doi.org/10.1126/science.aab1028 View Article
- Perez JC (1991) Chaos DNA and neuro-computers: a golden link. Speculations in Science and Technology 14: 336-346.
- Marcer PJ (1992) Order and chaos in DNA ? the Denis Guichard Prizewinner: Jean-Claude Perez. Kybernetes 21: 60-61. View Article
- Perez JC (1997) L'adn D?crypt?, Resurgence publisher Liege, Belgium.
- Genetics Home Reference, What are single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs)? , View Article
- Human Genome Variation Society, View Article
- Perez JC (2009) Codex Biogenesis. Resurgence, Liege Belgium. View Article
- Perez J (2015) Deciphering Hidden DNA Meta-Codes -The Great Unification & Master Code of Biology. J Glycomics Lipidomics 5:131. doi: 10.4172/2153-0637.1000131 # https://doi.org/10.4172/2153-0637.1000131 View Article
- Perez JC (2011) Decoding Non-Coding DNA Codes: Human Genome Meta-Chromosomes Architecture. BIT Life Sciences' 3rd Annual World Vaccine Congress, Beijing, China.
- Perez JC (2010) Codon Populations in Single-Stranded Whole Human Genome DNA Are Fractal and Fine-Tuned by the Golden Ratio 1.618. Interdisciplinary Sciences: Computational Life Sciences 2: 1-13.
- Perez JC (2013) The "3 Genomic Numbers" Discovery: How Our Genome Single-Stranded DNA Sequence Is "Self- Designed" as a Numerical Whole. Applied Mathematics 4: 37-53. View Article
- Pellionisz AJ, Graham R, Pellionisz PA , Perez JC (2012) Recursive Genome Function of the Cerebellum: Geometric Unification of Neuroscience and Genomics. In: Manto M, DL, et al. (Eds) Handbook of the Cerebellum and Cerebellar Disorders. 1st (Edn), Springer, USA.
- Perez J.C, (2017) Fractal Self-similarity, Scale Invariance and Stationary waves Codes Architecture Human Chromosomes DNA sequences, (submitted journal ? chaos, fractals and soloitons ?, ).View Article
- Perez JC (2011) Caminos Interdisciplinaios. Seminario CLAVE_INTER, Espacio Interdisciplinario, Universidad de la Republica Montevideo, Uruguay.
- Perez J.C., (2017) DUF1220 Homo Sapiens and Neanderthal fractal periods architectures breakthrough(2017)SDRP Journal of Cellular and Molecular Physiology 1(1) View Article
- Perez JC (2017) Sapiens Mitochondrial DNA Genome Circular Long Range Numerical Meta Structures are Highly Correlated with Cancers and Genetic Diseases mtDNA Mutations. J Cancer Sci Ther 9:512-527. doi: 10.4172/1948-5956.1000469 https://doi.org/10.4172/1948-5956.1000469 View Article
- Perez, J.C., (2017) Decyphering "the MASTER CODE ?" Structure and Discovery of a Periodic Invariant Unifying 160 HIV1/HIV2/SIV Isolates Genomes. Biomed J Sci & Tech Res 1(2)-2017. BJSTR. MS.ID.000209. View Article
- perez. J.C., (2017) Sapiens mtDNA circular long-range numerical meta-structures are highly correlated with mtDNA diseases mutations(2017)SDRP Journal of Cellular and Molecular Physiology 1(1)