Luowei Huang, Xing-Zheng Wu
SDRP Journal of Plant Science
Impact Factor: 0.422
VOLUME: 2 ISSUE: 2
Xing-Zheng Wu,Luowei Huang, Real-time in-situ simultaneous monitoring of dissolved oxygen and materials movements at vicinities of an aquatic plant by fluorescence quenching/deflection with an improved calculation method(2017)SDRP Journal of Plant Science 2(2)
Recently we developed a novel optical detection system that allowed real-time in-situ simultaneous monitoring of dissolved oxygen and materials movements at a vicinity of micrometers from an aquatic plant by combining deflection of a probe beam and fluorescence quenching. In the detection system, dissolved oxygen (DO)-quenched fluorescence was monitored together with beam deflection signals at the vicinity of the plant, then DO concentration was calculated from the fluorescence intensity. Here, three calculation methods for obtaining DO concentrations from the fluorescence intensity were examined. Results showed that exponential equations method, where fluorescent quenching coefficient and measured fluorescence intensity either with or without DO were approximated with exponential equations of temperature, gave the closest results to the measured ones by a DO sensor. The method was further applied to monitoring of oxygen and materials movement across the aquatic plants surface.
- Schumacher T E, Smucker A J M, Plant Physiology., 1983, 72(1), 212-214. PMid:16662962 View Article PubMed/NCBI
- McCulloch S, Uttamchandani D, Measurement and Technology., 1999, 146(3), 123-127. View Article
- Wu, X. Z., Nakaoka, T., Inoue, T., & Inoue, H. Sensors and Actuators A: Physical., 2009, 155(2), 241-245. View Article
- Wu, Xing-Zheng, Xiaoyan Wu, and Tomomi Inoue. Anal. Sci., 2017, 33(3), 351-357. PMid:28302977 View Article PubMed/NCBI
- Wiczk W M, Latowski T, Zeitschrift f?r Naturforschung A., 1992, 47(3), 533-535. View Article
- Patil, N., Melavanki, R., Patil, H., Nagaraja, D., & SanningannavarR, F. Life., 2013, 50, 64.
- McDonagh, C., Kolle, C., McEvoy, A. K., Dowling, D. L., Cafolla, A. A., Cullen, S. J., & MacCraith, B. D. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical., 2001, 74(1), 124-130.
- 00721-8 View Article
- Lippitsch M E, Draxler S. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical., 1993, 11(1-3), 97-101. 85243-4 View Article
- Holst, G. A., K?ster, T., Voges, E., & L?bbers, D. W. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical., 1995, 29(1-3), 231-239. 01688-0 View Article